The Thomas J. Meskill Law Library Special Collections & Archives exists to preserve and make accessible rare and unique legal and law-related materials to researchers at the School. The collection also houses archival materials that are deemed to be of historical significance to the School of Law.
- The Collection may include any of the following categories of materials: scholarly monographs and serials, reports and minutes, official reports, manuscripts, photographs, annual reports, law school publications, faculty publications. Materials included in this Collection may be in a variety of physical formats
- Materials included in this Collection will first and foremost conform to the Law Library’s Collection Development Policy. The Associate Dean for Library & Technology & Director for Library Services will review all materials suggested for inclusion in this Collection for appropriateness Associate
- Materials in this Collection will be physically stored according to established Law Library guidelines for the care and treatment of rare and archival materials
- Materials will be categorized, ordered and arranged according to established Law Library guidelines for the care and treatment of rare and archival materials
- All Library staff and patrons will be instructed in the handling of Special Collections and Archives materials