The UConn School of Law Library & Technology Department connects members of the law school community to people, places, information, ideas and resources.
We accomplish this mission by:
- Partnering with faculty, students, staff, alumni, consortia and other external groups;
- Educating students, faculty and staff;
- Providing comprehensive, current and relevant print and digital collections;
- Promoting professional development and continuing education opportunities for library staff;
- Engaging our community with innovative library and technology services in physical and virtual spaces;
- Responding to future trends in legal education; and
- Serving as a gateway to research, learning, and inspiration.
To guide us in carrying out our mission and fulfilling our vision, library and technology staff are guided by the following values:
- We strive for excellence by providing quality services and work product within stated deadlines by employing the skills exemplified in our core values.
- We are innovative by intentionally pursuing or implementing improved methods, practices and services by being flexible, creative and imaginative.
- We are diverse by valuing and respecting a full spectrum of values, backgrounds and points of view which enhance our ability to learn, create, and provide the best service possible to our patrons and each other.
- We are collaborative by bringing our diverse skill sets, experiences, perspectives and viewpoints to bear as we work together toward our common goals. By combining our collective strengths, we will achieve a better work product or outcome.