Greetings and Welcome to the website of the Meskill Law Library at the University of Connecticut School of Law! My name is Jessica de Perio Wittman and I am delighted to welcome you to the Law Library website. If you can't be here in person, our website allows you to browse our virtual library. Click on the various tabs to discover the resources and services our professional staff have put together for you. We have an extensive research collection in both print and electronic format that is available for your use.
If you wish to visit us in person, we are located at 39 Elizabeth Street, Hartford, CT, 06105. Our physical law library is a large, 5 story building filled with book stacks, comfortable seating, study rooms, computer labs, classrooms and professional staff to assist you with all your information and research needs.
If I can be of further assistance, please call me at 860-570-5109 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. For reference questions and other inquiries please call 860-570-5200.
The professional staff of the Law Library and I look forward to meeting you in person or virtually and assisting you with your legal information needs.
Jessica de Perio Wittman
Director of the Library and Technology
Mission & Core Values
The University of Connecticut School of Law Library & Technology Departments connects members of the law school community to information, ideas, and resources.
We accomplish this mission by:
- Creating a pathway to research, learning, and inspiration by educating students, faculty and staff
- Providing comprehensive, current and relevant collections
- Aligning our services and resources with the evolving needs of legal education, scholarship, and technology
- Engaging our community with innovative library and technology services
The following Core Values define how we carry out our mission:
- We strive for excellence by providing quality services and work performance.
- We are innovative by intentionally pursuing or implementing improved methods, practices and services by being flexible, creative and imaginative.
- We are collaborative by bringing our diverse skill sets, experiences, perspectives and viewpoints to bear as we work together toward our common goals.
- We embrace change and are open to new ideas and perspectives.
- We are accountable by taking responsibility for our own conduct, performance of duties and the successful delivery of information and technology within the Library, Law School, University and our community.
- We have integrity by being honest and trustworthy and upholding the values expressed by the Library, Law School, University and our community.
- We are reflective by employing thoughtfulness in the workplace, including careful and deliberate consideration and thorough, measured examination of issues and ideas from all sides.
- We strive for equity, diversity, and inclusion by valuing and respecting a full spectrum of values, backgrounds and points of view which enhance our ability to learn, create, and provide the best service possible to our patrons and each other.
- We communicate clearly by sharing information in a timely and open manner where appropriate, taking into consideration the differences and effectiveness of a variety of communication styles.
- We practice civility as members of the University community responsible for treating everyone with consideration and respect.